OK. It's Super Bowl weekend. And we'll do our service-y duty for you here, in case you are doing any last-minute planning for a gathering, or in case you just want to tuck into a plate/bucket of good and spicy chicken wings for the hell of it. These are our top six bets.
1. Wing Wings: We name them most especially for the bright red, super flavorful, spicy-sweet Angry Korean wings, but you won't go wrong with their other sauces either. And the biscuits are solid too. Added bonus: This is totally a to-go spot. 422 Haight Street near Webster
3. SO: People go to this SoMa Korean spot just for the wings, which are sticky, garlicky, spicy, and great. 1010 Bryant Street
4. Memphis Minnie's: You need to try the Smoky Mountain Wings at Memphis Minnie's, which are smoked, fried, and doused in a hot and sweet barbecue sauce. 576 Haight Street near Steiner
5. Little Star: Either location will do, and mind you these are not Buffalo wings, but their own take on spicy wings with blue cheese. But they get our vote. 846 Divisadero and 400 Valencia Street
6. Giordano Brothers: They come in both Buffalo and BBQ varieties, and they're good. 3108 16th Street and 303 Columbus Avenue
Honorable Mention: The Chicken Drums at Rickybobby, which don't qualify only because they're drumsticks.